It’s Labor Day weekend, marking the unofficial end of summer and beginning of the fall season. Though if I’m being honest I start celebrating pumpkin season in August. It seems that right after Labor Day, the weather starts to become cooler in the morning and evenings, and I start anticipating all things autumn. Hence my fall wish list.
Summer really has grown on me compared to my younger years, but I can’t help getting excited with everything I’m going to do as the cooler months come in. I feel more relaxed during autumn and things seem to slow down. Which I’m good with.
In fall, I love to open the windows and listen to the breeze and grab a cup of tea. I can finally bundle up on the couch with my afghan and watch a few scary movies. I like doing a lot of the same things each fall, so I thought why not document it!
- Enjoy my Saturday morning coffee outside. I don’t take advantage of quiet weekend mornings enough.
- Thrift fall clothes. This is my first autumn not buying fast fashion, and I can’t wait to see what pieces I find! I already have a new pair of knee high boots.
- Have a bake off. This is already on the books for October and I’ve been eyeing these cinnamon chip pumpkin cookies.
- Pick apples at an apple orchard. Sliced apple and peanut is my go to evening snack, so I can’t wait for them to be back in season.
- Go to a pumpkin patch. The perfect activity for our group of friends, especially our friends that have a two year old.
- Carve said pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.
- Drink a PSL. Probably on the honeymoon.
- Drink a pumpkin brew. Usually during our autumn equinox party.
- Take an urban hike. Minneapolis and St. Paul have many parks and trails to choose from for urban hiking. And I really wanted to do this last year and we missed out.
- Admire the fall colors. Evening if it’s just a Sunday afternoon drive.
- Visit a haunted house. Or a haunted hay ride.
- Have a hot chocolate date. Jake doesn’t like chocolate, so I guess we can settle for white hot chocolate or cider.
- Make chili. We recently received an Instant Pot and can’t wait to try new recipes.
- Have a scary movie night.
What’s your favorite fall activity? Favorite fall food or drink?