Valentine’s Day is coming up! Do you have plans?
For us, we prefer staying in rather than going out and spending money on what is, let’s be honest, a marketing ploy. And with Valentine’s Day on a Friday this year, it’s going to be even busier than normal that weekend. Personally, not a fan.
But I’ve got you covered! Here’s a few affordable and fun date night ideas that are perfect for Valentine’s Day, the winter months, and almost anytime of year!
Planning a Galentine’s Day? These work for that too!
- recreate your favorite restaurant dish | We did this a few weeks ago and had a blast! I pulled up the restaurant’s menu and we did our best to recreate the meal. Honestly, we did pretty good at making the appetizer (which was a version of tots!) and we will definitely be making it again.
- go sledding | If you live where there’s snow, grab a sled and head out to your local hill. To make it romantic, bring some cookies and hot chocolate to warm up after.
- movie night | Pick your favorite movie or something new, make some popcorn and cuddle up on the couch together.
- make a sweet treat | Since getting a Kitchenaid, I’ve been doing a lot of baking so this is something that we do often. If you aren’t into baking, you can still make a lot of no bake recipes or sweet treats. For Valentine’s Day, we’re planning to make a s’mores trail mix similar to this one or this one. Super easy and tasty!
- wine & cheese night | This is something that me and my best friend did over Christmas and we had a blast! Grab your favorite bottle of wine and fancy cheese from the deli section at your grocery store. We even have a fancy cheese cutter that we received as a wedding gift that I like to pull out for this one! Be extra and pretend you do this every weekend!
- BBQ & picnic | Make some hot dogs or burgers and setup for a picnic. If you live where it’s warmer, you can do this outside. If it’s colder, setup at home with a blanket in your living room.